22 October 2012

Family

What is the meaning of Family?

What does it mean to be Family?

To love and be loved in return?

To be there for each other, to lift each other up to bigger and better heights?

To be blood related or kin?

To be valorous, to give and accept the hard truths in the face of adversity?

To be understanding, to have and give effort for one another?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family can make me smile... but it can also make me cry.

My family is both of blood I hate... and of strangers I love.

My family is both good and bad in the then, now, and to come.

My family brings out the worst in me... but the best in me at the same time.

My family gives me life... but will be my death.

My family is my decision.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 October 2012.

The day I was a Son, a Godfather, a Kuya, a Friend, a Cousin, a Nephew, a Brother, a Baba, THE Son, a Ninong, and Family.

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."
-Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment