11 November 2012

Images of Melaka

Almost a year later I finally post my Melaka trip set, I'd like to blame #Instagram maybe for fulfilling my need for wanting to share with the world what I see on a day to day basis.  Though maybe just maybe I'll do a sort of mash up between the two, that would be something I'd like to see I guess, a mash up between blogging and Instagram.  There's an idea, anyway enjoy this set.  I have mixed emotions looking back on this, considering I edited these over a year ago.  Be it due to time or maturity, one or the other I feel these photos do not justice to the experience we had while in Melaka.  For that I apologise and moving forward I plan on doing better in any photo endeavour!  Cheers!


Hotel Puri: Our home for two nights in the port city of Malaka.

On our first night in Malaka me and mom went wandering around looking for a midnight snack.

Plants taking root on the roof tops and brick walls of the old town.

The roof tops of the town with a 5 star hotel and radio tower in the background.

I'm not sure what it is but it was the most affluent looking building on our street.

Kedai Kopi Chung Wah, a mouthful for a name but ohhhh what a mouthful when it came to the food, please note the long line and mom's look of frustration at it.

This is an example of the local Rickshaws they have for tourists.

Maybe this guy owns that white house I saw earlier.

The Christ Church, Clock Tower and Stadhuys, landmark buildings of Melaka.

These are the excavated ruins of the original Melaka Fort from centuries past.

This was across the street, obviously it was a big fort.

My sister.

That's a Maritime museum.

Melaka's water wheel in Black and White.

Mom and her Soursop soda, I forgot the English name for the darned fruit, it was pretty good too.

Another Museum.

A graveyard by the chapel on the hill.

These are tombstones if I remember right.

It's a really nice red isn't it? 

A closer photo of the Christ Church.

Melaka a world heritage city, the size of a town, all two streets of it.

The Church of St. Francis Xavier.

This was where AFC's next celebrity chef had a scene so I wanted to get a good photo for the heck of it.

Fresh seafood lunch, cheap, greasy and good.

Mom still enjoying the view of Melaka even though she's clearly tired.

This was two doors down from that gorgeous white house, yet to be restored maybe?

One of the many street performers on Jonker Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment